elforyn is a high-grade ivory substitute material thathas a high mineral content.
The aim was to promote environmental sustainabilityand develop a material that would
as closely as possible resemble ivory. elforyn can be processed like natural ivory,
i.e. carved, turned, milled etc.
elforyn is more than 89% similar to ivory; it was possible to reproduce
all the typical characteristics of ivory. elforyn is fluorescent in black light...
...elforyn enchants and enhances .
The key characteristics of elforyn are:
- excellent mechanical machinability in terms of drilling, milling and polishing,
- minimal risk of breakage due to high E-modulus and homogenous structural composition,
- superior surface properties thanks to surface hardness and minimal abrasion loss, fluorescent,
- resistant to all standart substance such as cleaning agents, oils, fats, weak to
medium-strenght acids and alkalis,
- little or no water absorption - hydrolysis-stable,
- can be thermo-formed in boiling water,
- can be polished and lacquer-coated to produce shiny or matt surfaces,
possibility of creating translucent and fluorescent effects,
- pleasant feel thanks to good thermal characteristics,
- potential to supply pre-forms to reduce waste.
- Density (DIN EN ISO 845) ≈ 1600 kg/m│
- Hardness Shore D (DIN 53505-D) 87
- Tensile strength (DIN EN ISO 527) 50,5 N/mm▓
- Elongation at break (DIN EN ISO 527) 14,2 %
- Bending strength b-4% (DIN EN ISO 178) 93 N/mm▓
- Bending E-modulus (DIN EN ISO 178) 2495 N/mm▓